1. We acknowledge that God is our Father Who desires intimacy with His children and is the source of life and desires to impart life.
We vow to welcome and receive intimacy with God by the practices of silence, solitude, simplicity, prayer, and scripture.
- I will practice the openness to recognizing whatever scripture I am in daily, that it will speak into the experiences, events, and life practices I partake in.
- I will seek the invitation of God and His story in all people I meet while inviting them to be a part of my story.
2. We acknowledge that God's Trinitarian nature reveals a mutual submission among His Persons.
We vow to practice mutual submission as we live in the context of community.
- I will give myself in service to the needs of my wife, my tribe (church), and my community as they have need or desire for the work of the Kingdom.
- I will pursue the understanding of my community's needs by developing and fostering a relationship with community leaders and civil servants.
3. We acknowledge that God is a welcoming, gracious, merciful, lover of all people Who stands in solidarity with us and desires to be with us.*
We vow to practice both giving and receiving hospitality and neighborliness.
- I will seize every opportunity to pursue a relationship with my neighbours while creating environments of connection by being personally visible on the street as much as possible.
- We (Bonnie & I) continue to have an open house as we welcome any and all to out table over visiting and tribal gatherings.
- I continue fostering relationships with the other amidst diversity in beliefs, understandings, and cultures.
4. We acknowledge that the God who raised Jesus from the dead is a redeeming God Who is in the process of restoring all things.
We vow to participate in practices that actively restore shalom.
- I will continue serving at the Calgary Mustard Seed while developing friendships and relationships with the many homeless on Calgary's streets.
- I will seek every opportunity to speak out against injustice, prejudice, and worldly labels particularly in the issues of euthanasia, mental illness, and those considered "disabled".
5. We acknowledge that God is the creator of this world and all things belong to Him and are for Him AND We vow to live as faithful stewards of God’s creation including our bodies and resources
- I will seek to live a healthy life by educating and developing a greater understanding of the workings to a holistic life.
- I will seek to train my body through exercise every week by weight training, wheeling, and healthy eating habits.
- I will submit to the continued understanding that I am not my own person, I am a temple to the Holy Spirit, and therefore under the possessive communal dwelling of his continued eternal presence amidst my own.