"What is a House Church?" This is probably the most common question I get asked when people hear that I am a House Church leader in The Edge. I think one of the common mistakes we make in answering comes when we see House Churches as a model rather then an organic community of people. We say, "We are trying to..."
- "... be like the 1st century house churches."
- "... be less organizational."
- "... just do life with friends and family."
- "... do church smaller within our homes and living rooms."
- "... be a simple small group."
When we really look at what being a house church is, our intentions are not to follow a model or even past example, it is really to be a closely knit spiritual family who are...